Often referred to as “The Jewel of Southern California,” Lake Arrowhead is the perfect vacation-destination for anyone who likes to hike or bike, swim or sail. In fact, Lake Arrowhead isn’t just for vacationeers who enjoy recreational activities. It’s a lovely place to call home. Whether you plan to visit for the day or live your entire life in the San Bernardino Mountains full time, there are plenty of healthy lifestyle-activities in and around the Lake Arrowhead Communities year-round. Here are a few:
The Lake Arrowhead communities extend from Arrowbear, Green Valley Lake, Sky Forest and Running Springs all the way to Crestline, Cedar Pines Park and Lake Gregory, with Lake Arrowhead, Cedar Glen, Twin Peaks and Rimforest in between. In each community, there are countless ways to enjoy the fresh air, pristine forests and natural wonders.
- Lake Arrowhead is a private lake; so visitors have very limited use of the lake. Nevertheless, you can tour the lake even if you’re just hanging out for the day by taking a ride on the Arrowhead Queen or booking a day trip to see the sites or enjoy water sports through the McKenzie Ski School.
- Love lake life? Consider investing in vacation or full-time property in Lake Arrowhead Woods.
- Cabins are more affordable than you probably think.
- Hiking Trails – There are several walking trails in the Lake Arrowhead area. For a map, click here for the Chamber of Commerce website Hiking Trails Map.
- Forest visitors are required to display a National Forest Adventure Pass on the dashboard of their vehicle when it is parked any area of the San Bernardino National Forest for recreation purposes.
- However, there are exceptions to this rule. For example, passes are not required at sites where a fee is already charged, at ranger stations or visitor centers, when forest-goers are traveling through the forest without stopping, or when they are parked at a residence or other private organization. Discounts are available for senior citizens or people with disabilities who have a Golden Age Passport.
- Passes are available at the Lake Arrowhead Ranger Station (909) 337-2444, at the Lake Arrowhead Visitors Center in Rim Forest and in many local businesses.
- Mountain Biking – No matter your skill or fitness level, you will be able to find a bicycling trail in Lake Arrowhead. Trails are offered at several different elevations and lengths.
- Equestrian Trails – Lake Arrowhead is a beautiful place to see on horseback. Click here for info about equine adventures.
- Snow Skiing at Snow Valley in Running Springs – Whether you choose to buy a one-day pass or commit to spending a season on the slopes, you will appreciate the runs at Snow Valley. And even if you or your kids aren’t experienced snowboarders or skiers, you could head to Snow Drift to take advantage of inexpensive inner tubing. This is a great option for anyone who might be tempted to pull to the side of the highway and let their kids play in the snow. Instead, check out Snow Drift for safety and fun!
- Wildhaven Ranch – If you and your family like animals, you won’t want to miss Wildhaven Ranch. A local wildlife sanctuary and educational center, Wildhaven is open at 1 p.m. Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays by reservation only. A non-profit corporation, the ranch operates out of the San Bernardino Mountains Wildlife Society.
If you’re considering purchasing a second home anywhere, make sure you tour homes in Lake Arrowhead before making a final destination-decision. Wherever you want to buy property, real estate investing can be tricky—whether you are buying your first home, purchasing a vacation home, or upgrading from a starter. If you are interested in buying or selling property in Lake Arrowhead, California or the surrounding area, don’t get caught in a Catch 22 — owning two homes or none at all. The Prime Team is the only group of real estate agents in the Lake Arrowhead area who stand by our services by offering a number of guaranteed sales and purchasing programs. So don’t miss a prime opportunity to take advantage of today’s market. We’ll answer all of your questions today, and you’re never under any obligation. Call 1-909-337-7653 and ask for a member of the Prime Team.